Stilettos & Levis

Monday, March 12, 2007

Beliefs

The other day my colleague passed out these worksheets for us to fill out to help her with a campaign she's been working on. The directions were simple: in 10min. or less write down 25 things you fundamentally believe; include at least 2 beliefs about love, 1 belief about wishes/dreams, 1 impossible thing you choose to believe is possible and at least 1 about people. I thought it was something worth sharing with the class. Obviously we all know our beliefs, both the important and the silly, but I found it interesting to write them down and see them all strung together.

I believe it's better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe people are fundamentally good. I believe a smile can warm the coldest day. I believe that love lasts. I believe in unconditional love. I believe everyone looks best in jeans and a white tee shirt. I believe that everyone needs a swift kick in the ass. I believe that jealousy is a waste of time. I believe that cookie dough mends a torn heart. I believe in trusting your instincts. I believe you can kiss it and make it better. I believe in fate. I believe world peace is possible. I believe that time really does slow down in the summer. I believe in sweat, hard work and elbow grease. I believe in miracles. I believe in best friends and family. I believe in wishing on stars, pennies and eyelashes. I believe in the silver lining. I believe in magic. I believe the best conversations are about nothing. I believe that laughter is the best medicine. I believe in speaking your mind. I believe that the meaning of life is living. I believe in believing.

After writing it down, I was reminded that I am an optimist. I think I tend to get bogged down in the day to day and sometimes forget that. It was a refreshing reminder to myself and I encourage everyone to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home